Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Take-a-Ways

I have enjoyed the exposure to multiple tools and ideas about blending online instruction with my current old school classroom.  I have known that there are endless resources out there for teachers to use but finding the time on my own has always proven to be a daunting task.  Other things always get in the way.  So the exposure is one of my favorite parts of this course.

I also loved reading and responding to other classmates comments.  It is comforting to see that many teachers are in the same situation that I am in.  Trying to perform better in their rooms with 21st century skills.  Some are ahead of where I am and where my school is but many are at the same spot as I.  The blog has been a fun way to share some thoughts and archive many ideas that I have had.  I found the Symbaloo project to be much the same.  When this course is all said and done I will still have my blog and Symbaloo webmix which will provide a starting point for me this summer as I prepare for next school year.

I think that blending some online instructional tools with my traditional classroom is very doable.  I have always thought that.  I do think I walk away from this course with a bit more confidence that it can work and work well.  Some of the concerns I still possess will probably always be there....how much screen time is too much for a kid on a given day?  And digital citizenship is a concern.  But overall, the power of engagement with the curriculum is what all teachers want and I think the digital world is making that arena better even with the fundamental shift on what education is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment