Monday, May 27, 2013

Stormboard and Bag The Web

I have been exposed to so many good tools on the web to add to my classroom.  One of my favorites has been Stormboard.  It is a real time word wall that allows teacher control while students contribute.  Pictures, videos, links and comments can all be left on the wall for others to see.  All participants are also given the ability to vote for posts that are good, helpful, and meaningful.

I plan on using stormboard with my AP world history course in just a few days.  I will be creating a board, with the help of my students to leave behind for my new crop of AP kids next year.  The advice being left behind will be from students not the teacher.  Hopefully, making the information more "useful" in the minds of my new students and a way to recap good study skills, the importance of not procrastinating, and a sense of community for my current students who will be moving on in just a few days.

I have also had fun using Bag The Web.  A very nice way to accumulate WWW resources and make them available to students.  Takes the immensity of a google search and brings it down to things that the teacher has looked at and approved as a solid source of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment